Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Why?

I'm at work. I haven't done anything since I got here. I've been here for two hours. For the past week and a half, I've probably done something 'work-related' at work for a total of five hours. I'm going to blog about Why? now. Why? is on anticon. I like almost every artist on this label. I think Why? actually helped start this label. I will include mp3's that I've uploaded from my personal hard drive. I think Why? would be okay with this, don't worry.

This is where I listen to Why?: At work through my headphones, walking on the street through my headphones, and at home, without headphones, coming from the speakers on my laptop.

I'll say things about why I enjoy Why?. Why? doesn't seem pretentious. All things he says I can relate to. I feel like if Why? and I were to email each other, we'd eventually work ourselves into such a fit of despair that we would fly to a hotel room some place between Oakland and Seattle and commit a double suicide. Here is a song by Why? that I like. You can find this song on the album titled 'Oaklandazulasylum'. It's called 'Cold Lunch (Albert Brown Mortuary Dumpster Dive Remix)'.




Here are the lyrics to this song:
It's watching your own shadow on a dirt bike
get shot in the back under a street light
when you arrive at the party, it will not be
without a bullet in your back
and a poem about death
and of course your walkman.

Here is another song that I like by Why?. This song is off 'Miss Ohio's Nameless.' I'm pretty sure Odd Nosdam produced the whole album. This song makes me feel emotion for Why? every time I hear it. I'm pretty sure that the only music I like is music that makes me feel emotional. I think Why? might have been crying when he sang this song. I also think that when he made this song, a mic was turned on or something, and they accidentally recorded it, and realized it later, and listened to it, and thought 'this is good,' and released it on their album. I like that. I think Why? does things like this often. This reinforces my viewpoints on sarcasm. Sarcasm and Why?. Why? seems sarcastic. I like him.




I'm not sure about the lyrics to this song. He's crying about LaGuardia Airport. I think this is good. I like that he cries about LaGuardia Airport.

One time Why? said that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was 'much more tangible' than couscous. I like that a lot. Here is the last song I'm going to post today. It's also off 'Miss Ohio's Nameless.'




Here are some of the lyrics.
I've been consulting my cub scout book on how to tie a slipknot,
I took the reflectors off my bike and I've been riding on one-lane bridges at night in black clothes.

I've been consulting my cub scout book on how to tie a slipknot,
I always end up crying in front of math teachers when I'm trying to play it so cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger apants said...

I really like this music blog but I have a suggestion. I won't be offended if you don't take my suggestion but I think you should say who wrote what. You might not want people to know whether Brandon writes something or Tao writes something. I'd like to know just because. I'm looking forward to more! I love finding out about music that I've not heard of before.

December 5, 2007 at 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good suggestions. they are like an amalgamation of a lot of other people i listen to. good suggestions.

December 5, 2007 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Tao Lin said...

i'll fix this

December 5, 2007 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home