Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Neva Dinova - "Tripped," "Poison," "Get Back," "Spring Cleaning"

Here are my four favorite Neva Dinova songs (I think the last one is written or co-written or something by Bright Eyes), they are from "One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels," I listened to these songs a lot while writing some of "Bed," or like the first story in "Bed" or something. Later on I listened to these songs a lot, during other periods of my life. Today I still listen to these songs I guess "a lot," I guess "a lot" is still accurate.

Here are lyrics to one of their more "nihilistic" songs, perhaps ("I hesitate, 'or something,' to use that word," "just kidding, I think, 'I feel confident using that word,'" I don't know), I played it one time on a mixed CD while being a personal assistant to an entrepreneur starting a business in his bedroom while we were working (yes, working without quotes; "I feel like I'm writing for Gawker or something right now") and he laughed and told me to turn it off, because "it is too depressing." He had inspirational quotes pasted along the tops of his walls to help him be focused on succeeding with his business. I liked him. He is in my second novel.

I like all the lyrics to the songs pasted below, you should Google them if you want, if there's any interest. I also blogged about these songs here and here. The songs are "Tripped," "Poison," "Get Back," "Spring Cleaning." When I listen to them I feel like I don't need friends and that eating food and drinking things like coconut water "really is enough" for me. I can imagine one day in the future listening to these songs and imagining having a pet hamster and no friends and being "really 'happy,'" quotes around happy because most of that happiness would be from having strong feelings of nostalgia for feeling severely depressed in the past, "it's complicated." Go here for more videos.

TRIPPED


POISON


GET BACK


SPRING CLEANING

4 Comments:

Blogger Zachary German said...

acoustic versions of these songs were recently released on 'the name of this band is the talking heads releases.' for more information visit http://www.thenameofthisbandisthetalkingheads.com

August 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger don't bother knocking said...

Yes, this is the best Neva Dinova.

September 5, 2008 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger No One New said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 5, 2008 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger No One New said...

These are far and away my favorite Neva Dinova songs too...they are brilliant snapshots of particular kinds of people.

September 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home