Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blacktop Cadence

I have listened to Blacktop Cadence more hours than any other band maybe.

They have one CD that came out in 1997 I think. They also have one song on this compilation. And one song on a No Idea Records compilation I can't find right now. These are all the songs they have released that I know of.

There is one song online by them, it is "Last Night... After I Bought the Wine."

They have a website, last updated in 1999. The band is not "together" anymore.

I feel satisfied with the number of songs they released, with listening to these a lot of times instead of something new.

The No Idea site says that CD was recorded in three days. The entire band to me sounds like a sad machine. The drums especially sound to me like a robot in a way that I like. If anyone wants more songs by them email me and I will email you another.

5 Comments:

Blogger Biff said...

MMMM. Last night...after I bought the wine. That was my most played song of 2005 (I think).

If my memory serves me correctly, it has one note in it that is different from all of the other notes that one of the guitars plays through the entire song.

I always thought of that as magic, that one note.

January 9, 2008 at 6:10 AM  
Blogger Biff said...

I realised about forty seconds after writing that comment that there was a link to the song. I went and got my headphones from my bag, then I listened to the song. I was listening for that note but it wasn't there. It must be in another song from the record. I will listen to the record when I get home and find that one note. Thankyou for shoving Blaktop Cadence back into my ears though, it was lovely!

January 9, 2008 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Tao Lin said...

there is a note that sounds like a girl humming in the first ten seconds of 'sinker' that i noticed but when i asked other people if they heard it they did not

January 9, 2008 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Biff said...

Slowstep. At 1:06 on the clock. That's the note.
I couldn't hear the girl in Sinker but I will listen again and try.

January 10, 2008 at 2:39 AM  
Blogger .Music For The Working Man. said...

I searched this site i ran into the other day for the blacktop cadence and actually wanted you all to know that i have found all the tracks that they have put out. if you go to my blog at http://projectblackjawezine.blogspot.com/
you can get them all. i think you will enjoy it. that track that is on the no idea compilation is called worthwhile. it took me probably a good 9 or 10 years to find it. it was worthwhile the search though. so please visit the site and let me know what you think.

August 6, 2008 at 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home