Friday, January 18, 2008

Arthur Russell - You Can Make Me Feel Bad

I like this song by Arthur Russell a lot. Arthur Russell sings and plays the cello on this song. I like how it is slow and sad-sounding, but also calm and detached. I like how he kind of 'blurs' the words when he sings, too. I typed the lyrics out of the booklet. It says that the song was made some time between 1986 and 1990.

You Can Make Me Feel Bad

You can make me feel bad if you want to / I don't need those things you said I was / I can live on my own / There's a place for us in the real world / You can make me feel bad if you want to / You can make me feel bad / I don't need those things you said I want / I can live in my own / There's a place for us in the real world / You can make me feel bad if you want to

Here is a picture of Arthur Russell:


You can read more about him here.

1 Comments:

Blogger dennis donnelly said...

that photo of arthur russell looks exactly like what his song sounded like.

also chris, i hate to throw this unrelated thing onto your wonderful music blog, but i have to ask you (in my official capacity as tao lin's fourteenth intern) to tell me what to do. to make it easier, i tried to throw out some helpful questions you can answer here :
http://internnumber14.blogspot.com/2008/01/hello-can-anyone-hear-me.html

January 18, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home